In the debut of the rootd podcast, we talk with Jeffrey Zucker, President and Co-Founder of Green Lion Partners, who are all about building trusted, sustainable growth for the cannabis industry. Jeffrey is a serial entrepreneur with a wide range of experience.
If you want to skip around on the podcast, here is the general flow of questions!
1. Explain the tagline. When you talk about sustainable growth are you talking agriculturally or as a business?
2. Let’s talk about your background – you graduate Boston University – then what do you do?
3. When did your relationship with the cannabis industry begin?
real estate, hospitality, entertainment, ice hockey, and legal cannabis.
4. Born and raised in South Carolina – now you’re based out of Chicago…are either of those places very cannabis friendly?
5. Green Lion Partners operates on a 3-pronged approach to the industry, equity holdings, your own products, and business strategy consultants – which of those three approaches do you think is your bread and butter?
6. For a company looking to pitch their business for investment – what makes it investable in your eyes?
7. On the flip side, what turns you off?
8. Green Lion Partners also started an interesting web platform called leaflist – I just started to check it out and it looks like a LinkedIn of sorts for the cannabis industry – can you fill me in on it?
9. What does Jeffrey Zucker do in his free time?
10. You’re a serial entrepreneur and fan of the start-up – when do you typically like to exit a new venture – or do you always hold on in some capacity?
11. I hear you’re a young, hip company with a lot of millennial influence – talk about the vibe of the company overall?
12. What is the work environment like at Green Lion Partners?
13. How do you think your approach to business in the cannabis industry is different from other competitors in the space?
14. Do you have any mentors/influences in your life you use to guide your professional career?
15. If you could go back 10+ years and talk to that younger version of yourself, what professional advice would you give yourself?
16. What’s on the horizon for Green Lion Partners?
Thanks for tuning into the rootd podcast, brought to you by GreenBroz Inc. Subscribe to our feed for more great interviews just like this one!
Work Hard. Be Humble. Stay rootd!
We encourage you to check out our social media sites as well!