Why start with helps for those who are planning to build? Keep reading as we share real life examples and I think you just might gain an understanding.
One church failed to build after investing well into six figures during the planning and design phases because they did not count the cost correctly. Part of the site cost was left out of the project budget. A seeming simple omission killed this project. The church lost their pastor and they have not built to this day.
Ministry Leader, are you willing to lose your ministry over a building program?
Do you think you are fully prepared to succeed? How often have I heard ministry leaders assure me they have everything under control and they think they can handle everything themselves. But did you know the average tenure of a senior pastor after a building program is 18 months? That is disturbing but not surprising really. Pastors are trained to lead their congregations in spiritual growth. They don’t have the background or education to oversee a large commercial construction project. I can site example after example of church building projects that go horribly wrong at some point in the process.
A church in the Southeast United States hired architects to design the building and spent 0,000 for a set of plans. Unfortunately the plans were over designed, too expensive to build and had to be scrapped. An additional 0,000 was spent on new plans.
I could write a book full of examples of churches and leaders that had everything “under control” only to fail in one way or another and lose three key things:
MONEY, MINISTRY & MOMENTUM
Another church in the Southwest spent 0,000 for a set of plans that had to be thrown out due to faulty planning. The leadership did not secure the approval of their congregation prior to spending all the money to prepare to build. The project died due to lack of congregational support.
We began Ministry Design Concepts to help fill the knowledge gap to help churches see their visions for their projects make it all the way to completion. What we have found is that it is impossible for us to reach as many churches as we wanted to by helping them one-on-one so we have launched
MINISTRY DESIGN TRAINING
We are trying every way we can to get this invaluable information to as many churches as possible. In fact our goal is 25,000 in five years. We believe in it that much! This site was created to provide continuing education that is:
• Affordable – Our expertise used one on one with churches and their leaders limits our impact and often smaller churches can’t afford the one on one coaching
• Accommodating – it is available 24 hours/day any day of the week, whenever it fits your busy schedule
• Access – the format allows subscribers to ask questions online plus there will be live webinars scheduled for those with questions. These webinar sessions will be recorded and made available for subscribers to download at their convenience
• Answers – A Q&A section will be developed to provide quick reference to help find answers to questions
So, why have we gone to such lengths to develop this? Our lives have been invested in Christ and His church for over 30 years and our heart beats ministry. If we are to see our vision to impact 25,000 churches in the next five years fulfilled, we can’t do it one at a time. The need is greater than our single effort so we are bringing together a team of industry professionals to help us provide the needed expertise in each area of construction in order to help more churches in need.
Ministry Design Training makes this possible to help churches nationally and internationally. You get to benefit from our experience and expertise along with a host of others who have invested their lives in ministry. We understand that ministry leaders need a safe place that can be trusted to provide the right information and training to move their ministries forward for Christ. We fully believe that we can be that safe place.
So, who are we?
• Senior Pastor who went through 2 relocations and 5 building programs
• Consultant for a National Church Builder
• Youth Pastor
• Christian School Teacher / 3 Sport Coach
• My wife was the Interior Designer for a large Christian University
• More than 20 years of experience assisting churches with the Interior Design of both new construction and renovations
Ministry Design Training is now bringing all these years of our experience, knowledge and training to you!
We know we can be of invaluable help.
We have been on both sides of the table in this process so we understand.
We know we can help you avoid the pitfalls that could be catastrophic to your ministry.
We believe our pricing has made it reachable for even the tightest budget.