IFMA FMCC Live Webinar – “Managing Human Error: The Leading Cause Behind Workplace Incidents”
by Greg Ford
Recorded on: October 1st, 2015
Greg Ford, CEO & Co-founder, TalentClick Workforce Solutions Inc.
Managing Human Error: The Leading Cause Behind Workplace Incidents
Studies show that up to 90% of workplace incidents are caused by human error, leading to reduced workforce productivity and increased operating costs. As a result, progressive managers are adopting a new approach that encourages workers to make safer decisions through developing Safety Self-Awareness. When Managers empower individuals to understand their own default personality, they can change their behavior and take responsibility for the safety of themselves and others.
This session will focus on demonstrating how personality traits such as resistance, irritability and distractibility are linked to unsafe behavior on the job and outlines practical ways for reducing risk of incidents, injury and non-compliance through building Safety Self-Awareness. Participants will learn:
•How Safety Self-Awareness can be applied to the work environment.
•How self-monitoring and self-study can help improve the Safety Self-Awareness of both themselves and their colleagues.
•How to understand and manage their own default personality to achieve positive behavioral change.
The session will provide practical tips on:
• How to spot potential risks with front line workers.
• How to empower front-line workers to make safer choices via self-knowledge.
• How to more effectively coach and lead people based on their unique personalities.
1. Identify how Safety Self-Awareness impacts employee behavior and contributes to workplace safety
2. Understand your own default personality and the steps you can take to change your behavior
3. How Managers can identify the default personality of their workers
4. Apply customized coaching strategies based on specific personality traits to improve Safety Self-Awareness
5. How Managers can work with employees to monitor success of behavioral change and customized coaching programs
6. How to Build Safety Self-Awareness
Greg is passionate about helping organizations eliminate incidents. He is committed to empowering people with “safety self-awareness” so they get home safely at the end of the day. Born in a blue-collar town and raised in a working-class family, Greg has a degree in Psychology and a Masters in Adult Education & Workplace Learning. He is CEO and co-founder of TalentClick Workforce Solutions and has almost 20 years’ experience in human resources consulting. Greg is a member of the Canadian Association of Professional Speakers and his articles have been published in journals such as Workplace Today, Bloomberg, and OHS Magazine.