Digital manipulation is editing an image with the use of a software. It is a routine practice in photography. Photo editors can make changes in various ways from transforming the body of a human model to correcting the background lighting. Technology and a software can allow any amateur and professional photographers to change their shots.
Digital Design Manipulation Techniques
- In photo manipulation you can take any image from your files or you photo gallery and merge it with others on a Photoshop canvas. This technique is called rendering images. You cut an image and carry it to where you want to use it for manipulation. However, there are images that will be difficult to cut. Photographers can use another software known as Vertus Fluid Mask. This special tool cannot be found in Photoshop.
- It is very important that each item has a shadow. Shadows add to the realistic effect of the manipulation. The simplest way to create a shadow is to duplicate the original image that needs a shadow and turning it completely dark. You can add a Gaussian Blur to it, reduce the size and put it in the correct place.
- Proportion is one of the most important things a photographer should understand in order to do manipulation. Proportion makes a huge difference in making your art work look more realistic. Always remember that every image used should be used in proportional harmony.
- Blending plays a great role in manipulation of an image. You have to carefully choose the texture. It adds depth to your work.
- Select the right image you want to render. Some images are taken at a bad angle, or slightly blurred. Right images can fit into a colored or textured background.
- Match your image to your background. Color blending is also essential for a good manipulation. Photo filters and Gradient Map can add or take away colors in the images.
- Emphasize details. Select an area as your main focus. Make it the most vibrant, colorful or sharpest area in the design. It is an area that catches the eye of the viewer.
- Sketch out your design before combining multiple images. They must fit together like a puzzle.
- 3Ds can improve your art work. You can use the C4D files in Photoshop.
- Enhance your images. Change the size, manipulate the sides and add more stock. It makes a dramatic difference.